Get in touch
For any recycling-related inquiries, please contact Emterra. They can be contacted for:
- Replacement bins.
- Missed collections.
- Other recycling questions.
Be recycle ready
- Recycling must be placed at the curb by 7:00 a.m. on the day of collection.
- Recyclables are picked up on alternating weeks (fibre and paper one week, plastics/containers the next).
- Use multiple blue boxes to separate recyclables by paper/fibre materials and plastics/containers materials.
- Avoid over-filling your blue box as it results in recyclables littering the roadway.
If your recycling has not been picked up, these are the most common reasons why:
- Boxboard/cardboard not properly set out (i.e. loose, not bundled, not flattened or too large)
- Incorrect recyclables (i.e. fibre on a container day)
- Non recyclables placed in blue box
- Recyclables hidden behind snowbank or parked vehicle
- Recyclables are frozen in a snowbank
- Not set out before 7:00 am