Circular Materials can support you in meeting your regulatory obligations, including:
- Implementing a Stewardship Plan for Packaging and Paper;
- Delivering collection services to all households;
- Managing the packaging and paper collected; and,
- Submitting annual reports to Recycle NB on your behalf.
Producer hierarchies work to ensure that the business actor with the closest connection to the designated packaging and paper is the responsible party. You can determine if you are an obligated producer by using the hierarchy below:
- The brand holder who is resident in Canada whose packaging and/or paper is supplied to New Brunswick consumers is the first person who would be responsible.
- If no brand holder is resident in Canada, then the importer who supplied the packaging and/or paper is resident in New Brunswick.
- If no importer is resident in New Brunswick, then the retailer who supplied Blue Box materials to consumers in New Brunswick is responsible.