2023 Updates Available
Stewards registered with Recycle BC, MMSW or MMSM are required to submit reports on the WeRecycle Portal by May 31 for the packaging and paper supplied in each province.
Stewardship Ontario has implemented simplified fee setting for the Blue Box program, eliminating the need for almost all stewards to report detailed annual material data for the remaining years of the program, which ceases operations after 2025. More information is available here.
For Ontario producers registered with Circular Materials as their producer responsibility organization (PRO), please contact email@example.com for reporting resources.
A range of resources is available below to assist and guide stewards in collecting and accurately reporting their packaging and paper data.
National Steward Services (NSS) is available to assist with any questions and advise on reporting best practices: firstname.lastname@example.org or 1-888-980-9549.
Guidebook for Stewards
The Guidebook is a definitive source for steward information about registration and reporting. It is available as interactive webpages and as a PDF.
- WeRecycle Portal – The Portal is a proven and secure reporting platform. New stewards need to register and be onboarded before submitting reports. When logged in to the Portal, direct assistance from the NSS team is available via online chat. Stewards can also click the “get info” icons throughout the Portal to access relevant Guidebook information.
- Portal User Guide – The Portal User Guide (PUG) provides detailed information for navigating the Portal’s interface and requirements to submit your data and complete administrative tasks.
All current policies and forms are available here. Most accept electronic signatures within the PDF.
- Reporting Hub – Online, searchable access to guidance for various business types, product information for common packaging with their material categories and FAQs about reporting.
- R2R Checklist – Summary of items that all stewards should consider before they begin entering reporting data in the WeRecycle Portal.
- Steward Lists – Lists make it easier for retailers and other first importers to identify which suppliers’ packaging and paper to include or exclude from their reports:
- Using the National Steward List and Change Log
- National List and Change Log
- Provincial Lists and Change Logs
- Material Guidance – Lists below provide definitions, examples, and reporting tips for material categories:
- WeRecycle Material List
- Program Material Lists
- Reporting Excel Workbook – Template orders each program’s material categories so quantities can be easily transferred to Portal.
- 2023 Material Fee Rates – Excel file maps 2023 material fee rates with program material categories in a user-friendly format.
A webinar to review general reporting information for 2023 was held on February 21.
The webinar presentation file is available here. The webinar replay can be accessed here. Please enter passcode XHCuV7*H when prompted.